Saturday, March 13, 2021

What I learned about myself through this pandemic years?

 Article by Maritza M. Mejia - March, 2021

Created by Estella M. Mejia

COVID’19 appeared for a reason, I am not sure of the reality behind it; however, it has been a year to evaluate, reassess and silence the rush in my writing career. The world seemed to spin out of control, maybe we all needed a pause to reevaluate our priorities.

First, I have learned to live the present more conscious than ever and nourish my spirit, mind and body with healthy habits and hideaway from COVID' news. Living in a mindfulness way have made me strong to survive the 2020-2021 crazy years. 

 Second, when quarantine began on March 13th, I was taking an online class for a Post-Degree in Theology for Educators. In my heart, I was getting ready for a change and I took refuge in my intense hours of study. I valued my faith that kept me in peace of mind during the five months without job. There is no need to worry about tomorrow. "Tomorrow will bring its own worries." (Matthew 6:34).

Third, Zooming with friends, family and readers has been an interesting experience. At first it was strange to chat across the screen, some people were casual, others did not know were they were doing. I rather took a professional position to dress for success everyday even on virtual meetings. Each day, I was entered to my studio to enjoy my work by reading, writing, studyng and connecting with myself.

 When my eighth book was ready to publish, I did not panic, I launched the LuzDelMes Tri-Anthology 2020 virtually. Moreover, I ventured to prepare a Worldwide Zoom Conference with the participants of this lovely Anthology written in three languages (English, Spanish and Greek) that reflects our feelings during quarantine.  I am pleased to challenge myself out of the comfort zone to use this platform and learned something new. 

Fourth thing I learned about myself was that I do not afraid of changes. I think it is a great accomplishment and important quality during a pandemic year. The new norms are here to stay according to the circumstances and we all have taken different roads to adjust and implement. Working together as a collective effort, may help us find our best selves with a thankful heart. 

Finally, my last lesson during quarantine and social distance have been to recogniz the value of a hug and appreciation of every single thing we enjoy. Now, I can say a hug is a blessing before I took it for granted. Maybe, you can think the same. With grateful heart I begin and end each day. We don't know what is going to happen tomorrow.

A tiny virus came to confirm the priorities of life. COVID’19 came to help us count our blessings and pause on our rush lives. We are not alone. We have survived a pandemic chaos. 

For those of you who have lost loves ones, I send you my prayers and condolences. Please, give yourself permission to grieve and take one day at a time. Remember, The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? Psalm 27:1

And you, what did you learn about yourself in this pandemic years?

Maritza M. Mejia writes to inspire others to be their best selves.

Thank you for your support!🌷 #LuzDelMes 🌠

ACTIVIDADES GRATIS EN: www.luzdelmes.com

Maritza Martínez Mejía

Mother, Author, Educator, Translator and Publisher
Member: FWA, MCBD Board of AdvisorsANLMI Delegate
International Read to Me! Day Ambassador.
Received Crystal Apple Award, VCB Poetry Award, Latino Book Awards 2016 & Author’s Talk

4 comments:

  1. True dear Maritza! Al these days were to live with self for me too. I realised that we humanbeings are nothing but a puppet in the hands of almighty. So, what is to worry when things are beyond our control. Really, I felt that our traditional way of living was much safer. Your article was a good read. Keep inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anita Shukla, Thank you so much for your time to read it and your kind words. Be safe! 🙏

      Delete
  2. What I have learned is how to watch the chaotic and the bizarre in the modern society and its institutions, and its interest for money and callous hearts. Nothing new under the sun. Peace in the midst of the pandemic and trying to educate others about natural remedies and psychological alternatives to practice as they go through this trial of the mind, spirit and soul. Peace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts. #LuzDelMes

      Delete

Thank you for your visits!