Sunday, December 27, 2020

My Surprises & Successes 2020 💖

In the last three years, I have participated in the "12 days of Christmas for Writers" by Julie Hedlund. During day 2 and 3 of the challenge, she invites us to write on an empty piece of paper the surprises and successes of the year to focus on our accomplishments instead of New Year’s resolutions. She believes the way New Year's resolutions are traditionally made comes from a place of negativity - what DIDN'T get done or achieved in the previous year.

 


I think it is important to recognize the effort of this tough year. 👉Here is my list of my major professional accomplishments for 2020.


My biggest surprise this year was the cancellation of all the events, conferences and invitations due to COVID-19. Amazingly, it opened the doors of unexpected experiences:

1. Wrote second editions of 4 of my books published by LuzDelMes during the Quarantine.

2. Attended Authors for Authors Conference following all new safety regulations using Face Mask and Social Distance. 

3. Participated in a Virtual Conference with AZ Libris Show as speaker about Human Ecology and its, cultural influences. 

4. Contributed in FIVE Anthologies in USA, Mexico and Japan. 

5. Joined 30 VIRTUAL events worldwide via Zoom, Google Meet and Jiomeet that I have never knew exist.

6. Received recognition by two cities: Miami Dade, FL for my contribution to the Spanish literature.

7. Produced a Tri-Anthology with 25 authors from four continents in three languages: English, Spanish and Greek during Summer. 

8. Launched a Virtual Conference in three languages to present the LuzDelMes Tri-Anthology Fall 2020.

9. Took three classes for my Post-Degree in Theology for Educators.

10. Had good care of my mind, health and body during this pandemic year.

11. I survived and reflected in the current situation writing several essays and articles on my blog LuzDelMes about "Time for Priorities." 

12. I made a research on Human Ecology and Environment. An Abstract is my blog LuzDelMes in English and Spanish. 

I accomplished more things than any regular year. Feeling blessed! 

Thank you for your support!🌷 #LuzDelMes 🌠

 Maritza M. Mejia writes to inspire others to be their best selves.

Website: www.luzdelmes.com 

Member: ANLMI, FWA, SFWA, Delegada ANLMI

Awards: Crystal Apple 2006, VCB Poetry 2015, Latino Book Awards 2016, Author’s Talk Book Show 2017- American Eagle2020 -Social Media: @luzdelmes


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visits!