Friday, December 27, 2019

Thank + Analize + Add = 2020

Invite you to follow these THREE principles for the New Year

THANK+ANALYZE+ADD=2020
A dear friend asked me, “How do you achieve everything you set out each year? ” My answer may surprise you,
I replied, “First, I always look for challenges that I know I can achieve. Second, I celebrate each accomplishment and third, I never compare myself with anyone else. I am my only competition.” 

This year, I invite you to think of your Resolution list as a VALUE to add to your life.  What would it be?

In the last three years, I have participated in the "12 days of Christmas for Writers" by Julie Hedlund. During day 2 and 3 of the challenge, she invites us to write on an empty piece of paper the surprises and successes of the year to focus on our accomplishments instead of New Year’s resolutions. She believes the way New Year's resolutions are traditionally made comes from a place of negativity - what DIDN'T get done or achieved in the previous year.

This is my first time sharing my professional accomplishments. I believe it is important to celebrate the effort of the year with a thankful heart.  Definitely, hard work paid off! Thank you for your support! 🌷 #LuzDelMes 🌠

👉Here is my list of 10 my major professional accomplishments:
💖Surprises & Successes 2019 💖

1. My biggest surprise was to visit Japan and came out  the with the idea to create a collaborative work in honor to Nature called LuzDelMes TRI-ANTHOLOGY in THREE languages: English, Spanish and Greek, but I don't speak Greek! I received an enormous help from Greek author, Agatha Rodi. We put together 33 authors and collaborators around the world and collected 150 Haiku in THREE months. The result was amazing! Please visit: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1697554121

2. My second challenge was to open my own Editorial House to move all my books to LuzDelMes Publishing House and receive the Royalties I deserve. I moved TWO of my books, 5 more to come in the near future.

3. My great accomplishment, my second year as corresponsal (over the phone) with "El Mágico Mundo de los Libros" de Radio Sion, NYC 🎤because I live in Florida. This experience has been a growing lesson of perseverance, learning Spanish literature from diverse perspectives and authors, challenge myself to write poetry in Spanish. My brain works different, I write in English first, then I translate into my tongue language. Weird, isn’t it?

4. Invitation to be a speaker at Authors for Authors Conference for the second time.
5. Participation in local Book Fairs in Florida.
6. Attended one author local event monthly.
7. Participation in the Literary Forum  Fefi.TeVe.
8.Participant as reviewer of bilingual books at Multicultural Children's Book Day
9. Invitation to close the editorial of Visitame Magazine and the second year writing a monthly articles for them.

10. My great decision this year was to return to college to finish a Master degree in Theology for Education.

After surprises, successes and a lot of challenges, I closed December feeling blessed and excited for New Year plans.

2020 first semester projection:  Celebrate Multicultural Children's Book Day 2020 at Barnes & Noble Story Time Reading, Third year as Speaker of Authors for Authors and my participation in a local Expo and Book Fairs 2020. 

My main goal 2020 is to finish 4 classs for my Master in Theology. I will be busy, busy, and ready to study.

 I am Celebrating success!
I DESERVE it!...YOU TOO!

ACTIVIDADES GRATIS EN: www.luzdelmes.com
Maritza Martínez Mejía
Mother, Author, Educator and Translator
Member: FWA, SFWA, SCBWI, Board of Advisors MCBD, Delegado ANLMI
FREE Reading Activities visit: www.luzdelmes.com
Received Crystal Apple, VCB Poetry, Latino Book Awards, Author’s Talk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visits!