Saturday, August 22, 2020

Yorman Mejías~ LuzDelMes Tri-Anthology 2020 Participant

The Pirate By Yorman Mejías
Highlighted Fragment
My history with the Coronavirus is stunted. So far I have not been infected, nor did I experience anything extraordinary. I just had to learn new routines and give up a few whims, but how much do a man's whims matter?

While the world had been paralyzed in my pupils, my daughters were swaying around me, eager for games and scenting with smiles. It's just that for them everything is so different! Their ignorance confines them to being happy with so little. Quarantine continues to wither the leaves of the asymptomatic calendar and I remain in my oropel kingdom, trying to learn how to be a child.
My first-born daughter proposed to me to play pirates. He even made me a map and with an X marked the place where my dreams were hiding. With an eye patch and limping, as if I had a stick leg, I make the most important journey of my life. A journey to the ethereal memory of a six-year-old girl.

El pirata
Por Yormán Mejías
Mi historia con el Coronavirus es escueta. Hasta ahora no me contagié, ni experimenté nada extraordinario. Sólo tuve que aprender nuevas rutinas y renunciar a unos cuantos caprichos, pero, ¿qué tanto importan los caprichos de un hombre?

 Mientras el mundo se había paralizado en mis pupilas, mis hijas correteaban a mi alrededor, ávidas de juegos y perfumándome con sonrisas. ¡Es que para ellas todo es tan diferente! Su ignorancia las confina a ser felices con tan poco. La cuarentena continúa marchitando las hojas del asintomático calendario y yo sigo en mi reino de oropel, tratando de aprender a ser niño.Mi hija mayor me propuso jugar a los piratas. Incluso me hizo un mapa y con una X marcó el lugar donde se escondían mis sueños. Con un parche en el ojo y cojeando, como si tuviese una pierna de palo, hago el viaje más importante de mi vida. Un viaje hacia la etérea memoria de una niña de seis años.

                                                   Complete participation:



                                                  Publica LuzDelMes Publishing House 

Thank you! 🌷¡Gracias! 🌻ευχαριστώ💐 Arigatou gozaimasu 🙏
Projected released date DIGITAL Version: August 31st, 2020
Paperback: September 2020

        

Maritza Martínez Mejía
Mother, Author, Educator and Translator
         Member: FWA, SFWA, SCBWI, Board of Advisors MCBD, Delegado ANLMI, Florida
FREE Reading Activities visit: www.luzdelmes.com
Received Crystal Apple, VCB Poetry, Latino Book Awards, Author’s Talk



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visits!