Monday, January 8, 2018

Maritza M. Mejia at Poetry Marathon Challenges

I participated in the Half-Poetry Marathon 2016 and Complete Poetry Marathon 2015 and 2017. The complete challenge consists on writing 24 poems in 24 hours and the half-marathon:12 poems in 12 hours with a prompt you receive per hour. This phenomenal event is organized by Caitlin Jans (Thomson) and Jacob Jans.
Half-Poetry Marathon Certificate 2016

This year, I learned about The Golden Shovel Poems. it was created in 2010 by the poet Terrance Hayes. Last year, I created Haibun (Prose+ Haiku) poems about Peace and a Persona poem about Homeless. It hit me hard to think about a person without a home to sleep in... 


Full Poetry Marathon Certificate 2017

I edited the poems and submitted to the Poetry Marathon Anthology. 
Guest what? 
"Oatmeal in Heaven" is in the Anthology 2016 and "Homeless" in 2017 Poetry Marathon Anthology.







I AM PROUD TO BE INCLUDED IN THE ANTHOLOGY 2016 & 2017

For details about the the NEXT Poetry Marathon
visit: 
http://thepoetrymarathon.com/

Maritza Martínez Mejía
Mother, Educator, Bilingual Author and Translator
For my poems visit: www.luzdelmes.com
Recipient of the Crystal Apple Award 2006, VCB Poetry Winner 2015, Author’s Talk Book Award 2016, The Latino Book Awards 2016 and Author’s Talk Book Show 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visits!