Sunday, December 4, 2016

Christmas Book Flood Tradition

In Iceland, the best Christmas gift is a book and it has been that way for decades."The culture of giving books as presents is very deeply rooted in how families perceive Christmas as a holiday," says Kristjan B. Jonasson, president of the Iceland Publishers Association.
It sounds like a wonderful tradition, perfect for a winter evening. It is something that I would love to incorporate into my own family’s celebration of Christmas.

I have the tradition to create an Advent Book Calendar with the books I enjoyed and selected the best read-a-loud my students had liked over the year.



Picture source: http://www.herecomethegirlsblog.com/2012/11/01/christmas-books-kids-advent.html
A book inspires, opens minds, entertains and makes you travel to places you can go in person. Adopt this lovely holiday traditions to celebrate a Christmas Book Flood and Literary awareness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visits!