Thursday, November 28, 2019

Participation on the Poetry Marathon Challenge



I participated in the Half-Poetry Marathon 2019 and 2016 and Complete Poetry Marathon 2015 and 2017. The complete challenge consists on writing 24 poems in 24 hours  or half-marathon 12 poems in 12 hours.  At the top of each hour, a prompt was posted, some with images or even music to inspire you to write your poems for an hour. 
This phenomenal event is organized by Caitlin Jans Thomson) and Jacob Jans.

Poetry Marathon 2019 was an interesting challenge since I was traveling to D.C., but I was able to follow the Marathon on my cellphone every hour. I sent my poems in my favorite style poetry: Haiku and Tanka. I learned one new style: sevenling,  it was hard to write it. I tried it, but t took more than expected.  At the end, I am proud to have my Tanka poem "Sparkle" (Pag. #152) selected for the Anthology. 
Thank you Jennifer Faylor for editing and to Caitlin and Jacob Jans for putting together this wonderful contest that brings  poets and people all over the world.

My previous participation:

Full Poetry Marathon Certificate 2017

I Complete Poetry Marathon Challenge 2015 & 2017. The first year was exhausted, but in 2017 I was ready to complete the completed Marathon. 
I edited the 24 poems over the following weeks. I sent the best poems for contests.  Two poems were selected to participate in one anthology for Authors Talk Book Show in November 2016. In addition, I to participate in the Anthology 2017 with the poem "Homeless: Pag. #160



Half-Poetry Marathon Certificate 2016
I  2016, I learned about Haibun (Prose + Haiku) while writing a Persona poem about a Homeless. It hit me hard to think about a person without a home to sleep in... 
I edited the poems and submitted two to the Poetry Marathon Anthology. Guest what? "Oatmeal in Heaven is in the Anthology 2016 Pag. #18  


I AM PROUD TO BE INCLUDED IN THE        ANTHOLOGY 2016-2017-2019


2016 & 2017 Anthologies

2019 Anthology

For details about the the NEXT Poetry Marathon
visit: 
http://thepoetrymarathon.com/



Maritza Martínez Mejía
Mother, Author, Educator and Translator
Member: FWA, SFWA, SCBWI, Board of Advisors MCBD, Delegado ANLMI
FREE Reading Activities visit: www.luzdelmes.com
Received Crystal Apple, VCB Poetry, Latino Book Awards, Author’s Talk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visits!