Sunday, July 3, 2016

My ALA Experience - Orlando 2016

I attended the 140th edition of The American Library Association (ALA) Conference, the oldest and largest library association in the world. Libraries Transform is the new multi-year public awareness ALA’s Campaign. This year hashtag; #alaac2016.

My ALA experience started with a fast and friendly Registration followed by finding the Ribbons that fit my presence.

At the Exhibition entrance, I have to run to be in place in the Literacy Latino Now Award-Winning Author’s stand. I was impressed with the organization and the enormous Pavilions FULL of FREE BOOKS.  

I exchanged my Author Business Card at the Japanese Way. What a lovely experience to feel the respect for somebody else. I love it!

At the stand, I talked with librarians interested in Bilingual Literature. After sharing Grandma's Treasure and Vanilla and Chocolatefound out I let my poetry book,  Poems, Thoughts and More in the car. Well, too many things to prepare for a massive conference like this one!


When I was my filming schedule time, I met with the Latino Book Awards organizer, Kirk Whisler at The Latino Literacy Now stand. I got ready to talk about my books and my important topics about Writing to Inspire Others, Self-Publishing Challenges and Refection is not an Objection to write.

I met other Latino Book Awards Winning-Authors, exchange photos and the joy to be Latino Authors. I also missed great authors, but I shared it courtesy of Janet Balletta's photos. 
With Tere Rodriguez-Nora
With Edwin Fontanez & Racquel Ortiz
With Janet Balletta



Kirk Whisler, Janet Balletta, Maria Elena Diaz de Villegas, Pilar Velez, Maria Elena Lavaud, and Amy Costales.
After my time at the Latino Literacy Now Stand was over, I went to find FREE books to donate to my local school's library and meet well-know authors. Thank you Harper Collins, Simon and Schuster, Penguin Random House, Lee & Low House and Scholastic for your generosity, in less than thirty minutes my husband and I filled a big tote bag of books. 


Mission accomplished! I survived ALA – Orlando 2016. Thanks to my husband who followed my steps to capture the moments! 

Time to go home!
Thank you ALA organizers, authors, librarians, publishers and editorials for a wonderful  ALA Conference – Orlando 2016 

Award-Winning Author benefits: https://app.box.com/s/pikfe7s6ptndycltux8ucfrmjb1ybp89

3 comments:

  1. Leave me a comment about your ALA Experience. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog, Maritza, you captured it all.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janet for your comment.

      Delete

Thank you for your visits!