Some facts about Three Kings Day
· The kings' names were Melchior, Caspar and Balthazar.
· They gave Jesus gold, frankincense and myrrh.
· The kings brought their gifts in vessels called ciboria.
· In Puerto Rico, children leave hay in their shoes for the kings' camels to eat.
· In Spain, children leave letters to the kings.· In Mexico and some Hispanic communities often serve Rosca de Reyes.
Three King Cake or Rosca de Reyes
Three King Cake is a circular fruitcake inside which a small hidden statue of a baby Jesus. The person, who finds the child Jesus, must make a feast day of La Candelaria, which is on February 2nd. That day is invited the same group that was at Three Kings party and the guess brings tamales or Mexican pastries.
Be creative and use your favorite recipe to make Rosca de Reyes to Keep Traditions alive. I am from Colombia and What about to use a Pan de Queso Colombiano?
|Rosca de Reyes before|
|Rosca de Reyes after|
Activities for Three Kings Day
1. Coloring Three Kings Cards: Visit the link to print the design
2. Cut and Paste Peace Card: Use old Christmas Cards
3. Three Kings Crown: Trace, Cut, Open
Create your own Three Kings Crown.
Happy Three Kings Day!