Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Diversity in Children's Literature #ReadYourWorld

Authors, illustrators, educators and bloggers have been an important element to make sure children have access to books that celebrate diversity. Feature characters from diverse cultures, countries and race are an important building block of the learning process in classroom and at home. It is fundamental to teach students from early age that different does not mean to be wrong. 
When I was a child,  I always dreamed of traveling around the world , visiting different places, meeting people with different languages, and tasting delicious foods from around the world... I perfect dream that I made it reality over the years.
I’m pleased to be part for the fourth time not only as an author, but also as a reviewer of the Multicultural Children’s Book Day on January 25th, 2019. This event helped me promote my books, increase followers in my social media, and meet authors from around the world. 
As a Book Reviewer, I've received, free of cost, books to review and add to the Massive Review Linky on the date of the event.  My reviews and activities will be posted the WEEK before the event #MCBD2019 Stop by to visit BLog LuzDelMes
Diversity in children’s literature has been a controversial topic in the last years, but thanks to movements like We Need Diverse Books and Multicultural Children’s Book Day, the message has been clarified and diversity books have been promoted all over the world.
You can Join the adventure too! Official hashtag #ReadYourWorld.

Maritza Martínez Mejía
Mother, Author, Educator and Translator
Member: FWA, SFWA, SCBWI, Board of Advisors MCBD, Delegado ANLMI
FREE Reading Activities visit: www.luzdelmes.com
Received Crystal Apple, VCB Poetry, Latino Book Awards, Author’s Talk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visits!