My passion for English Children’s Literature started with Dr. Seuss Books. His rhyming style helped me not only memorize words, but also increased my vocabulary.
Read Across America is a reading awareness program created to encourage children to celebrate reading on March 2nd in memory of Dr. Seuss’s Birthday.
My favorite activities to celebrate Read Across America are:
Create a Classroom Library
1. Make a Dr. Seuss cozy Corner.
2. Talk about the stories with your child.
3. Don't ask questions. Make it a fun day.
Visit the Library on Read Across America:
2. Have a Read Aloud time.
3. Give a small prize, like a sticker or pencil, after reading.
Make Green Eggs and Ham
1. Read Green Eggs and Ham.
2. Plan with the Cafeteria to have Green Eggs and Ham.
3. Bring or make Green Eggs and Ham in the classroom