Tuesday, January 10, 2017

January Spotlight Interview with Erika Szabo

Erika M Szabo at Luz Del Mes Spotlight Interview by Maritza Martinez Mejia
Welcome Erika to Spotlight Interview!

Q1. Why do your write in Spanish?
I don’t speak Spanish, but my bilingual friends told me that they would like to read my fantasy series not only in English but in Spanish as well, so I decided to have the books translated. I met my translator, Carmen, on a social site. She’s an English teacher in Spain and after she started translating my fantasy series, she noticed that I just published my children’s book Look, I can Talk With My Fingers. Carmen told me that she loved the story and children would love it too if it was written in Spanish. So, I had her translate the book and published the Spanish version as well.
I work with a lot of people who are bilingual and have young children. The mothers told me that they want their children to read English books because they live in the US, but it would be nice if their children could read the same stories in Spanish too. This gave me the idea to publish Pico, the Pesky Parrot as a bilingual book. When the child opens the book, they can read the story in English on one page and in Spanish the next page.

Q2. Tell us about your great variety of books:
I love to read magical realism/fantasy stories. Therefore, naturally, I write fantasy. The Ancestors’ Secrets series, Protected By The Falcon and Chosen By The Sword are available in eBooks, prints, and audio books on various selling sites.

The story is about a young doctor who discovers her ancestral heritage that comes with magical abilities as well as with great responsibilities. She can heal with her touch, visit her ancestors in the far past, and she finds out that she was chosen to change history and must save the future of her people. This is a love story combined with historical mysteries and plays out in the real world parallel to an alternate reality.
The first book of the Ancestors’ Secrets series is available in Spanish, Protegida por el Halcón, and Chosen By The Sword, the second book is coming soonElegida por la espada.





My books are available on many sites including:
AMAZON
B&N
AUDIBLE




I also write fun, educational, and bilingual books for children 4-12 about acceptance, friendship, family, and moral values.”


Q3. What is the message on your bilingual books?  
My Bilingual Books:
Look, I Can Talk With My Fingers
Mira, ¡puedo hablar con los dedos! is available in English and Spanish.

This book is about respecting and accepting people with disability. 





Pico, The Pesky Parrot,
Pico, el Loro Latoso, is a bilingual book.

It delivers an important message to children, not to judge anyone before we get to know them. 
My English children’s books:
A Basketful of Kittens is a beautifully illustrated children’s book about a heartwarming adventure and how to deal with bullies. This story is available in audio book as well.


Who Stole Terry’s Music Box? is an adventure fantasy. The story sends a message to children to remain to be a good person no matter the circumstances. 



Terry and the Number Fairy is a story about a young girl who has difficulties understanding numbers, but in her dream, with the help of the Number Fairy, she learns her numbers.


My soon to be published book, Penny, the Annoying Little Sister is about sibling rivalry and family values.



Thank you for having me on your blog,
Author Erika M Szabo

Thank you for your time to answer this question for LuzDelMes Spotlight Interview.

For more information visit:





¡Gracias por visitar el BLOG! Para mayor información sobre LuzDelMes, visita:www.luzdelmes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visits!