Friday, December 28, 2018

The Writing Project for New Year & Welcome 2019!

Invite you to follow these THREE principles for the New Year
THANK-ANALYZE-ADD
A dear friend asked me, “How do you achieve everything you set out to do each year.”
My answer may surprise you, I said. “I can tell you that I always look for challenges that I know I can achieve. I never compare myself with anyone else since I am my only competition.” 

This year, think of your Resolution list as a VALUE to add to your life.
What would it be?

In the last two years, I participated in the "12 days of Christmas for Writers" by Julie Hedlund. During day 2 and 3 of the challenge, she invites us to write on an empty piece of paper the surprises and successes of the year to focus on our accomplishments instead of New Year’s resolutions. She believes the way New Year's resolutions are traditionally made comes from a place of negativity - what DIDN'T get done or achieved in the previous year.


This is my first time sharing my professional accomplishments, but I think it is important to recognize the effort of this year. Definitely, hard work paid off! Thank you for your support! 🌷 #LuzDelMes 🌠

👉Here is my list of my major professional accomplishments for 2018.
Surprises 2018 💖
1. My biggest surprise this year was the invitation to be a collaborator (over the phone) with Radio Sion, NYC 🎤because I live in Florida. This experience has been a growing lesson of perseverance, learning Spanish literature from diverse perspectives and authors, challenge myself to write poetry in Spanish. My brain works different, I write in English first, then I translate into my tongue language. Weird, isn’t it?
2. Invitation to be a speaker at Authors for Authors Conference.
3. Guest poet at The Enchanted Lair ~ La Guarida Magazine Winter issue 2018.
4. Received recognition by two cities: Miami Dade, FL and Union City, NJ for my contribution to the Spanish literature.
5. Invitation to be advisor of Multicultural Children's Book Day 2019.

Successes 2018 💖
1. Being able to talk on a Radio Show for Writers and Poets for six month 🎤. \
2. Launched a Literary Breakfast in New York City.
3. Participant as reviewer of bilingual books at Multicultural Children's Book Day
4. Participated as a speaker in two local conferences in Florida.
5. Participant at the Feria Internacional del Libro Ohio 2018.
6. Attended one author local event or two per month.
7. Self-published my six book. LUZ DEL MES.
8. Guest poet at The Enchanted Lair ~ La Guarida Magazine Winter issue 2018.
9. Nominated to Carmen Luisa Pinto Spanish award for my memoir "Ojos Avellana".
10. Participant at Fefi.TeVe Spanish Forums.
11. Finished 12days4writers, ReFoReMo, STORYSTORM.
12. Participant at Tiny Toadies Crit Group.
After surprises, successes and a lot of challenges, I closed December feeling blessed and excited for New Year plans to celebrate Multicultural Children's Book Day 2019 with a local school visit and Barnes & Noble Story Time Reading, for 2 invitations as Speaker at South Florida Writers Association, Authors for Authors and participant of my FIRST Florida SCBWI in January 2019.

 I am Celebrating success!
I DESERVE it!
Maritza Martínez Mejía
Mother, Author, Educator and Translator
Member ANLMI, FWA,SFWA, SCBWI, MCBD Board of Advisors 
FREE Reading Activities visit: www.luzdelmes.com
Received Crystal Apple, VCB Poetry, Latino Book Awards, Author’s Talk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visits!